Sunday, October 9, 2011

Has it really been only one week?

Wow, I just checked that my last post was almost a week ago, and it feels like so much time has gone by. I have had 3 demos, 3 practicals and a class meeting since then. It feels like so much time has gone by but not really. I am exhausted I had class every single day of the week including yesterday (Saturday). The positive side is that this coming week I only have class on Wednesday. So hopefully I can catch up on sleep and on blogging about all I have been doing these days!!

I will begin from when I left off which was the Palets aux Resins on Monday. Well on Tuesday we had demo at 8:30 in the morning, it was horrible, I couldn't get up, I just wanted to sleep some more. I somehow managed to get out of bed and get to school. The theme for the day were individual tartlets. 
The chef made 6 different types of tartlets:


Tartelettes a l'orange / Orange Tartlets

     

Tartelettes au Citron / Lemon Tartlets

     
 These are very good, they taste like a lemon meringue pie, without the meringue of course.

Tartelettes au Chocolat / Chocolate Tartlets

     

These are decorated with gold leaves!!

Tarteletts aux Poires Bourdalou / Bourdaloue pear tartlets

     

Les Amandines / "Amandines" tartlets


      

Tartelettes bretones a l'abricot / Brittany tartlets with apricot

     

We had the practical for this demo, right after it, so it was kind of stressing not having enough time, to rewrite my notes, and go over the recipe to know exactly what to do. Overall the practical was ok. I had a little trouble with my dough when I was rolling it out, and the chef just said to hurry up, and use more flour, but I still don't know exactly why. I wanted to roll the dough thinner, but didn't want my shells to break so I ended up leaving them a bit thick but to look better.





 At the end of class the chef said that they looked very good, except that I had done my shells to thick, to make them thinner next time. He also said I work good, that I am clean and organized, which of course made me very happy, since everyone else that had said that to me is usually complaining about it, not complimenting me, hahaha. Anyway it gives me confidence that I am in the right track, and to keep working hard!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips