Saturday, August 6, 2011

And The Day Came, When I Quit my Job

After months, thinking about this moment, it sure came faster than I expected, the day I quit my job. For months I wished to be fired, although secretly hoping not to because I new I would feel very bad if the company I had worked for, fired me without any regret; and after my best efforts, to not work efficiently, and to not care for anything, waste time at work (which in reality was harder than one may think, since all me life all I have known is to be responsible), etc., no one fired me. It was now all in my hands, the time had come, but will I really had the guts to just drop everything I had worked so hard to get, and just quit to go to Paris?

Well, it turns out it was more nerve raking that I had thought it was going to be. That day I got to work with my resignation letter, ready to be turn in, but I had to let my bosses know before I sent the letter, besides anything I really didn’t want to just be rude and leave without even saying a word. After half a day of going over and over how I was going to say things, I was on the phone telling my newly arrived boss, that I was leaving the company. Since my company was bought by a bigger oilfield company, this new boss form the bigger company didn’t want me to leave, he tried to talk me out of it, but I had decided long time ago. There was no turning back at this point, I couldn’t undo all I had been doing in preparation for my trip. He even offered to grant me a 1 year leave of absence so I could go study and come back to my job, but since in paper we are still in my small company’s payroll, and they don’t have that program, nothing could be done. I finally submitted my letter that night after giving some time regarding the permit. One thing that I wasn’t expecting, but felt very good was that I was offered a job, upon my return, since I was quitting the old company and not the new one, they were not going to hold that against me, and would be willing to take me back next year. This is definitively, not what I would like to do, but it is always nice to have a back up plan, just you know like a safety net under you in case anything happens.

A week later as I walk away my job in my last day, my friend asked me if I was excited, she wanted to know how was I felling, which got me to realize that nothing about going to Paris has yet sinked in. I think I haven’t fully processed the whole idea, and don’t think I will any time soon, since I only have less than two weeks before I go to Paris, and have soo many things to do before I go, that I don’t think I have a free day to even start to think about what I am about to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips