Thursday, August 18, 2011

St. Germain-des-Pres

As promised, here is the second part of my very long walk, from the weekend.

After going to St. Sulpice, I sat down, and was browsing thru mu Paris book, ready to head backk home, when I realized the St. Germain-des-Pres area was very close, by, so I decided to give it a try.

This area is mainly known for its restaurants, cafe's and the church of St. Germain-des-Pres. Many of the cafes in this area are very famous since it is said people like Heminway were clients. Also in this area is "Le Procope" which claims to be the oldest cafe in the world.




There is also a little street "Rue de Buci" which has a lot of cafes and restaurants, along lots of stores of  fruits, vegetables, shoes, lots of things in general.

In this area you can also find rue du Dragon, in which the writer Victor Hugo lived when he was young.



And finally I went to the church od St.ermain-des-Pres, is the oldest church in Paris. The building as it is now has been restored so might not be that old, but the original building is. Part of this original building is its tower, which is one  of the oldest bell towers in France.





One of the things I am finding interesting is the music organs, this churches have, they are just really nice, I can't wait to hear one of them play.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips